Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4 M COUPE  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoomvaroom View Post
Wow this is a long tread with TONS of information and while I can appreciate it I have been overwhelmed. So please help dumb this down for me.
I have my original rims on my Z4MC and sadly the original tires from 2006. I am now up to 11k miles so plenty of tread for my old man driving style but time for new rubber. Car is summer only and I have decided on the MPSS (please no opinions on that, this is confusing enough). Now I just have two issue:
1) Size = Tire rack says 255/40ZR18 (95Y) XL on the rear and 225/45ZR18 95Y XL on the front. I see a lot of posts with lots of other sizes. I assume that to maintain the stock look that is the size I should go with but what tire size would you recommend? (not racing, just thinking of resale-looks-and driving feel)
2) Price = Once I know the sizes I can shop the internet with the best of you so let's skip the "try a google search". If you have some specific direction on where you feel the best deals can be had please offer it.
On stock rims I'd go with the stock tire sizes. I would recommend 10-12 mm spacers to get the wheels more flush. Pair that with some 24 mm lowering springs and you'll have the perfect semi aggressive stock look. Can't go wrong with MPSS's but keep in mind Michelin have replaced those with Pilot Sport 4S. Good time to buy tires since I believe Michelin is having a rebate going on.
Appreciate 0