12-30-2021, 05:20 PM   #405
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikado463 View Post
another perspective as we move forward .........

https://www.corvetteforum.com/articl...te-2021-op-ed/
Average car on the road today is around 12 years.

So if new ICE cars are banned tomorrow, by 2034-2035 or so you still have 50% of ICE cars on the road.

The only thing that's a bit disappointing are certain powertrains that will go bye bye, even though ICE will still be around. I guess that's where the V8 comes into play given the link you provided.

I'm a V8 looney tune. I LOVE V8's. Doesn't matter the brand or displacement, etc. I just love that V8 sound. I like some better than others.

As far as the corvette, i don't think there's a capable V6 out there, in case GM wants to keep the ICE corvette alive in the C9 generation with a hybrid V6. Especially not anything i can think of that will surpass what the C8 generation is shaping up.

They just released the fucking EPIC C8Z. And they still have an ERAY, ZR1 and/or ZORA (ZORA might be a trim package to the ZR1 though).

If the top of the line corvette is a hybrid V8 monster making 1000hp as per the rumors, it'll be hard for GM to top that using another ICE configuration.

The only option left is to go EV. I actually wouldn't mind that. Plaid power in a C8 blueprint (for the C9) corvette.
Appreciate 0