11-02-2020, 07:04 PM   #12
Dbaliko
Private
Rep
Drives: E85 ZRMR (sold), E46 M3 Cabrio

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hunter View Post
I’ll elaborate. EAG has bought a handful of M cars out from under me over the years. They often don’t tell the seller they are a dealer and plan to resell the car immediately (misleading). So they buy cars from enthusiasts that other enthusiasts would buy, then advertise them back to enthusiasts for $20k more than they would have paid buying directly from the seller. They aren’t helping enthusiasts. They are just lining their pockets by getting to enthusiasts cars before enthusiasts can and controlling all the inventory. I’m sure they are nice guys and love the cars, but they aren’t doing any of us any favors.
So what you’re saying is that they call up a seller and come to a mutually acceptable price, wire the seller the money, and somehow they are doing something that’s misleading? And that they are doing something dastardly, because they buy a car, put money into it to make it almost perfect, and sell it for a profit to an enthusiast that wants a perfect car?

The seller of the car in this thread underpriced the car. The buyer (EAG) knew the car was underpriced and bought it. No one was injured. EAG has a long list of clients dying to buy cars from them that are the best of the best. It’s no different then someone that flips houses. They buy a house, fix it up, and sell it for a profit.

And what about all those low mileage collectible and semi-collectible cars that sell on BAT and bring the same money.... or more. Many of those cars are brought to BAT by dealers that buy low mileage cars from people because they know that they can get a big premium on BAT. Are they doing something wrong as well?

Last edited by Dbaliko; 11-02-2020 at 07:15 PM..
Appreciate 0