View Single Post
      10-07-2015, 01:23 AM   #1
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

Vanne's Coupe Build Thread.. updated 26/10/19

################################################## #############################

Click Here for the latest.

################################################## #############################

Hi guys, just dropped my car off at the paintshop and have started a massive cleanup of the car..

Also,going to have the roof, bottom middle bit of front bumper, bottom middle bit of rear bumper
Painted gloss black.... oh and mirrors too...

Now I need some confirmation if I was correct in choosing gloss black, (very sure for the roof), but maybe should have choosen matt for the mirrors and bumper bits..

What do you guys think..

Apr splitter on its way, which I believe is gloss black stock..

Wheels are gun metal matt..

I went with gloss for the roof as not sure it would look ok in matt...??

I would love some opinions, maybe a photoshop picture or just some general help..

Oh forgot to mention, bonnet, bumpers and doors are getting a complete repaint and bake, in imola and then the black will also be baked..

Also having the tech paint the kidney surrounds gloss black.. maybe that would look better matt or even leave it the same colour as my gun metal grey rims (as it is now)

One draw back from the black roof I already know is with the heat, the roof lining suffers..
But thats for another thread.

So guys, those parts?, gloss, matt or combination?

The car will take a day or 2 to be prepped, so I dont have a lot of time to change my mind..

Thanks for all the help guys..

Lots of desisions ...

V.

Lol.. just going to do the whole car, my car guy just called me back with an offer I couldn't refuse…
Massive discount and mostly due to the fact the shop will get a 8 inch by 8 inch sticker under the bonnet for the show the car is going in on the 13th of next month, at Bimmerfest UAE. Hopefully the car will be ready by then…

What do u guys think..