03-09-2022, 04:26 PM   #505
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RM7 View Post
Dealers actively try to cheat you or take advantage of every single person they can. It's sickening and it's what's wrong with the auto industry. This is why Tesla and similar brands are gaining so much ground so fast. No one wants to deal with this ****.

I had a dealer try to pull this exact same stunt, try to claim the price online the car was offered for wasn't "really" the price. After I negotiated, removed the "markups" they were trying to include, the "online" prices all of a sudden included the 5-7K dealer markup fees a few days later. There's plenty of other stuff going wrong in this case here, but the point it's not unique and it shouldn't come to this: https://www.providencejournal.com/st...ta/9426491002/

IME, it doesn't really matter what the make is, it's all of them, from the dealer here trying to sell an M2 5 years back for 80K plus or whatever to how they lie and make false claims.
I'm going to find the thread where someone contacted ciocca asking about the C8Z at MSRP and they said "NO!". Then the person said, "even with the warning GM stated?" And they said, "yes".

So ciocca basically doesn't give a fuck. And i know, i dealt with them when they were kerbeck. So if they were a bit shady then, they're probably 100x worse now. Not saying the entire dealership is shit but that place does have their sour apples. I've dealt with them when i got my C7Z because they gave me a good price. But the overall dealer experience was pretty shitty. And i've done my fair share of leasing/financing in the past so i can compare.

Then i heard they want to add on "mandatory options" like PPF and all that bullshit for the C8Z at around 20-25k lol. Which is basically your hidden markup lol.
Appreciate 0