View Single Post
      04-10-2019, 12:42 PM   #10
eggman51
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4 M Roadster

Thanks very much for the response.

I have some experience setting up cars, I raced Formula 2000 cars ~30 years ago. I haven't owned a road car I was an enthusiast about for a looooong time, so much of this is new to me.

I think the Nitron shocks are more race oriented than I need. I also think I would get lost in a 3 way adjustment system.

I am leaning toward the JRZ RS Pro. The external reservoirs seem to make adjustment easier and if there are extenders - which I understand there are - the adjustment seems to be accessible from within the roadster trunk.

I need to look into the trunk bit some more - I am not sure if the parts that block access to the top of the shocks are critical. I am wondering if I can just leave those out and not lose any functionality or cause any maintenance issues. It will look a bit ugly from inside the trank, but I don't care about that.

As for bushings, I also need to do more research here. With 50k miles and some investment in upgraded suspension, it seems silly to me not to "service" all the important parts of the suspension that can wear out.

Thanks again for your thoughts and ideas - very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Eamonn aka eggman
Appreciate 0