View Single Post
      04-08-2019, 12:20 AM   #7
ANILE8
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupé - Carbon Black

You can feel free to reply to my thread on solid Monoball mounts HERE. Or start your own thread on the topic if you wish to discuss other more street friendly bushings.

Seeing as you have a roadster and you want a 2-Way setup with easy adjustment then the answer is clear. You have two obvious choices. JRZ RS PRO or MCS 2W. I would directly compare these two brands and cross shop them as they are both very good. You have to tell them you want an inverted rear damper or the rebound adjustment will not be on the bottom. They can make it either way as at this price level, everything is custom ordered to your spec.

KW V3's will not suit your adjustment requirements and Bilstein PSS series is not even in the same class as the first two brands apart from only being 1-Way adjustable so not even a contender.

The JRZ RS PRO would fit your needs, Don't forget you need to order them with dry-breaks (quick disconnects) on the rear or get ready to cut a couple of huge 2.5" holes in your sheet metal. Staubli dry-breaks are not cheap, at around $350-$400 each! I hope you have deep pockets, you have to pay to play if you want all the good stuff. The front can be installed without needing them.

Forget about the RS TWO if the rebound extenders they supply are not long enough for you, not sure if they can make them to any length, you will have to ask JRZ if they can custom make them to your required length and if so what is the added cost.

If you are really on a budget and the above choices do not workout for you have a chat to MCS about their 2WNR model for well under $3.5K. It is a 2-Way system with no remote reservoir and it looks like they can make their rear damper in an inverted design with the comp/rebound adjustment on the bottom.

However, if you have your heart set on external reservoirs, for the price of the JRZ or MCS kits you can get in my opinion a much much better 3-Way quality hand built kit from Nitron.

Also, keep in mind that MCS and JRZ do not normally include front camber plates in the advertised price while the Nitron kit does. You would normally be looking at around $500 if you have to buy them separately!

You can see my impressions HERE
Nitron NTR R3 | StopTech Trophy Sport STR-60 380x32mm / StopTech Trophy Sport STR-40 355x32mm | Bridgestone RE-71RS | ADV.1 | CDV Delete | TMS Rear Camber Arms | RE Diablo's | 4.10 Gears | Euro Headers | RTD REVO1 Short Shifter

Last edited by ANILE8; 04-08-2019 at 06:28 AM..
Appreciate 0