02-10-2011, 10:54 AM   #19
Z4Murder
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: > speed limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92hobear View Post
I'm currently 160 @ 10%. trying to get to 180 @ 6%, but to do this you need massive calorie intake. what kind of weight gain are you taking if any, and what sort of strength exercises do you do?
yes you are correct on the massive calorie intake, as long as you are sure to burn those calories as well by staying active and lifting heavy. i take no weight gainer but for protein i take syntha-6 about 3 times a day. pre workout, post workout, and before bed. I work out almost everyday, just taking a day off for a day or two when i feel my body needs more time to recover.

i feel the diet is more important than weight gainers anyway. eat plenty of lean high protein food: turkey, chicken, tuna, eggs. and plenty of fruits and vegetables. dont worry so much about eating low fat food, because we need those calories.

as far as exercises, shit, i do damn near everything. make sure you focus on the big mass gainers: shoulder presses, squats, bench press, deadlifts. let me know if you have more questions.

this is all coming from a guy who has been working out for 3 years. i started at 135 lbs. no bullshit. just so you know my history
Appreciate 0