View Single Post
      05-21-2013, 07:47 PM   #54
M-Power M3
Retrograde
Rep
Drives: Bagged Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinb View Post
Man bags sound ideal for my A3. I'd like to ride around in a sport drop height and still have the ability to ride higher during winter ski trips.

What are some of the good brands for bags? And what does a typical set cost?
They really are an extreme convenience. I just drove down to Pasadena for Bimmerfest (about a 6 hour round trip) and Didn't have to worry one bit (except for those damn LA potholes and my new wheels lol).

For the A3 as far as bolt on kits go you have either Airlift struts or Airrex. I haven't driven any of the new Airlift kits that are setup more like coils but my previous ride was an Airlift bagged Audi TT and that thing rode great. Very OEM plus like and great for a DD. The Airrex struts are going to feel more like an aggressive coilover setup.

As far as management goes there are a lot of different options you can opt for. I have the airlift v2 digital management which I really like. 8 different presets that allow me to change height on the fly. Accuair does have a bit more advanced setup that utilizes their e-level sensors. The difference in the two are one is pressure based (v2) and one is height based (e-level).

You can get a full digital Airlift kit w/struts for around $2400 right now on bagriders.com iirc.

Feel free to PM me if you have anymore questions
Appreciate 0