Private First Class
South Africa
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanne View Post
sweet as

have you also tried to disable the DBC?
(dynamic brake control) (pre charges the brake when you push it really hard and fast)

The function you need to set to not active is BB_RAB found in the MK60 ecu. (not my findings, but Tom K's from over the pond)

Havent done it yet, but looking at doing both of these, although ive been fine with Traction OFF as it doesn't rain here. Track mode with rain looks like an awesome add-on.
Hey Vanne,

No sir not yet... but it made alot of sense when i was on the Kart track, because the entire thing is 1.22km's long, you on the brakes HARD every few seconds... thats where i noticed the DBC becoming intrusive. thanks for the details, i'll look into getting it done..

I've also been ok with traction fully off, just have to be quick to catch it gets the blood pumping

But I gave M-Track a bash because it cost me nothing and the car was already charging at the time... its a nice to have Mtrack if you want to mess around in the wet or even on a dry track as some have said in online reviews that its handy when the rear steps out and the revs fly into limiter because thats when the car actually starts loosing forward momentum due to the wheels are just spinning, Now DTC(Mtrack) will not kill the power and slow you down like normal traction control will, it will allow you to hold the revs and be quick about it before stepping in (I've experienced this too) .. so it seemed like a bonus, I'll try it out properly next month at gymkhana against full traction off and see whats what... rainy season is over for us now.. winter is coming