View Single Post
      02-23-2020, 12:51 PM   #26
rueyme
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: red z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
So great the fuel starvation was ID'd and is being addressed - leaning out a brand new bespoke engine build would be tragic.

Tell us about the weight savings w/the Recaros and the CF top - how many lbs were trimmed??

The seats are sparco rev. I believe with mounts and rails it comes to approx 22 pounds each when I weighed them. I got at least 50 pounds total weight savings on that mod. The roof is a 10 pound savings as the carbon fiber is 6 pounds vs the factory is around 16.

I will need to reweigh the car soon last I weighed with just the seats was 3120 with half tank of fuel. But much has changed since that weigh since I put the 2 piece rotors and bbk and added stuff like the wing and diffusers. I want to reweigh once I get the differential build since that's the last major component that will be changed. Most likely however this weight range is the best I can do unless I remove things like carpet or get carbon fiber body panels. At this stage I'm not so ready to turn the car so bare since I still take it to car meets and shows

I'll post more once I get the fuel issues resolved.
Appreciate 0