09-22-2019, 10:49 PM   #6
filtercoffee
I like Coffee & Z4s.
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

Garage List
2007 BMW Z4MC  [0.00]
Thanks for the suggestions!
I emailed supersprint and they mentioned adding in some small resonators might help. Those shorty ones look great and are cheap. The issue is I don't yet have an exhaust shop that I can trust.

Had more roadtime with the Remus, I'm getting used to it. My rational mind is saying this is the perfect exhaust if you have headers. The tone is great, the volume is very proportional to throttle position - quiet when coasting, a nice throaty growl when you're on it. But the powerloops were exciting on an emotional level.

I think there must be some kind of internal chambering in the Remus that cancels out all the bass at the drone frequency. No matter how much I floor it, the bass layer of the sound of the SS powerloops is just not there. I don't think straight pipe section 1 would change that.

For now I'm living quite happily with the Remus. I would love to try those shorty resonators but I don't know of a good exhaust shop. Looking for recommendations not too far from NYC. I have accepted I might have to travel. I once tried a shop in Queens with plenty of good reviews, I get there and they send me away saying my car is too low for the lifts. I tried another small repair shop near my apartment and the mechanic is a pain to work with. He gets irritated if I try to get involved, and then when I give him freedom, he does a mediocre job (installing mufflers. I don't have a garage where I could do this myself). Struggles.
Appreciate 0