Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iminhell1 View Post
Doesn't every UPS truck have GPS?

What was the need to pursue them?

The mind of virtually everyone is the same, when you feel threatened you defend yourself.
The chase made them feel threatened. Remove the threat, make them feel safe and use the GPS to arrest them once in a safer location or stopped at their destination. I mean you can't tell me a chopper could have been out of sight and had an eye on them.

I'm always dumbfounded at this theory that stopping them sooner will prevent more harm. It simply is not true.
Law enforcement is responding to an armed robbery that became a gunfight. The perpetrators then carjacked a truck an took a person hostage.

First, I can guarantee you the hostage and his loved ones wouldn't like your plan to "remove the threat" of law enforcement and let them get away. Sure you'll find the truck, but we're not trying to protect the citizens from the truck! It's the guys IN THE TRUCK we're chasing. Can you imagine being held hostage and the cops chasing your hostage takers stop their pursuit? I'd be furious.

Also, as soon as the armed robbers started shooting they became a threat to society that needed to be stopped at all costs. This means law enforcement is going to use escalating force until they're stopped. Yes, this includes firing at the threat on a busy highway. It sucks to be caught in the crossfire, but let's keep perspective here. It's the robbers/kidnappers fault any of this happened.