Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, 2019 F150

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
they re definitely the next gen of great racers..

i d put Gasly at the bottom among them, Carlos is a great easy to adapt driver.. people overlook how easy he adapted different cars so fast..

on track battles among Leclerc, Russell and Norris were and i believe always be hard but fair.. they re young top-notch drivers.. probably we can see them going side by side in multiple corners as long as they have similar machinery..

Max is really good on attacking, he is acting bold which is great.. opposite of Bottas.. but from defense side he is iike Schumacher.. super hard but mostly dangerous defensing is quite expectable..

Leclerc i believe has the best racing mindset on the grid.. its not hard for him to accept his mistakes and move on.. accepting mistakes is a rare thing in F1 (actually in daily life as well).. and cant remember much of races that he couldnt squeeze 110% of the car.. the battle he had with Perez was really weird in A1.. Perez normally wasnt a driver to defense that hard and Leclerc is not a driver to fail on overtakes.. Perez's defense on the left hand turn was absurd.. Russell and Alonso's battle was a superb example how racing should be.. actually Alonso V2 we see these days.. Alonso V1 was being too aggressive some time to time.. yeah it was for 10th place.. but it was one of the battles in recent years..

Norris started to have a leading role in McLaren.. he is so young and its obvious that he is extremely talented and he can lead a team as well.. and he races quite hard but fair as well.. he is so confident on overtakes, braking points or oversteer moments.. and he can make fun of himself as well.. a superb combination!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQ1NQm-o..._web_copy_link

Good idea with the driver breakdowns...

Here are my thoughts, no order

Leclerc
- Great racecraft
- Too aggressive sometimes
- GREAT single lap pace
Norris
- Very balanced all around racer
- Good racecraft
- Good defending
- Good single lap pace
Russell
- GREAT single lap pace "Mr. Saturday"
- Tough to tell real racecraft bc the car is meh, but the Alonso fight showed his stuff and was impressive
- Good defending
- First lap pace is lacking. Idk if this is because he qualifies way out of position, or if the car cant turn on its tires fast enough
Verstappen
- Great racecraft
- Before this year I would have said too aggressive, but he has come into his own this year.
- Single lap pace is outstanding
Sainz
- As yco mentioned, his ability to switch teams and be competitive in 2-3 races is mind-blowing
- Good all around driver
- Very consistent
Gasly
- Good all around driver
- DNFs and tough-luck seem to hit him worse than most
- Commonly qualifies higher up the grid than his car should be
- Decent racecraft but definitely makes some errors (the move against Lando in Austria...)
M5Rick58879.50
BOOF-M34448.50
yco5722.50