01-13-2021, 12:20 PM   #41
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
So you are going for Red Bull being a totally even handed team that never favours one driver over another.
Fair enough...I suspect some of their past drivers might see it differently though.
Totally even, no, Verstappen gets preferential tire/stop strategy. If there is a new upgrade that is only available to one driver Verstappen gets it. If both were on the track with Albon ahead of him he would be asked to move over ().

Verstappen is the lead driver. The sabotage idea lacks any proof, most of the time both teammates finish very close to each other, and I can't see a motive for 3rd and 7th in RB's eyes. I think they wanted it to be 3 Max, 4th Albon.

So you are going with the idea that from the beginning RB signed Albon, gave him a poor setup, planned for his failure, kept him as he failed, then gave him another contract as the failure worked as planned?

For the "lots of past drivers might see it differently" - Lots of people that come in 2nd believe there was a grand scheme that caused their failure as many can't accept defeat. Vettel said his failure this year wasn't his fault, it was the team. Interesting idea but highly unlikely.