01-12-2021, 03:20 PM   #23
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJE60 View Post
Absolutely correct and this no doubt is what put incredible pressure on both Alex and Pierre. Both drivers have talent but being a team mate to either Max or Lewis takes a certain mental stamina. I cannot wait to see the dynamics with PER and who is tougher.
I agree and hope the best for Perez. I also say I am not a huge fan of Max but he is good driver and helped make the season far more interesting. I was hoping he would do better, just for a better race. If there were two Albon's on the RB team I would have fast forwarded even more.

I think Perez has a better chance than Alex and Pierre, partly because of his age and the point of his career he is in now. Both Alex and Pierre were far younger and I think have much greater ambitions than Perez has at this point. He also seems far calmer and doesn't get upset when things seem to fall apart. If Perez has a bad year and for some reason can't get another F1 drive it wouldn't be the same crushing defeat that it is for Gasly or Albon.