01-04-2021, 07:48 AM   #34
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
As you said,workers are being laid off because of covid and production drop off for vehicles ppl don't want; His demands are risible.
Whatever amount of money he takes or doesn't take won't change what happens to laid off Covid workers and MB is welcome to say no. They know he doesn't have better options if he wants to win next year so not sure why we are supposed to feel bad for MB. It's a business deal with them wanting him as a driver and to pay as little as needed and him wanting to drive for MB and get paid as much as possible.

I don't feel sorry/mad at either one of them and am fine with whatever deal they do or don't put together.

I think you felt sorry for Russell when MB "forced" Russell into a long term contract, now you feel sorry for MB as Hamilton "forces" them into a new contract? You seem lost on how these business deals work. All parties negotiate what is best for them and both can move on with someone else if things don't work out.

When I took my current job I negotiated a higher salary, more than I really needed and laid off Covid workers wasn't part of the discussion or would it change things if I took less.
3798j11180.50