View Single Post
      12-27-2020, 01:13 PM   #36
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
Imagine that Prost hadn't turned towards the apex how do you see it playing out?
For me...As Senna was close to the edge of the track the only way he can make the chicane is if Prost doesn't turn in at all.
It seems that its how people discern the individual intentions of the drivers that dictates who they see as more at fault.
For me it was classic Senna...pass or crash, as I've described earlier.
For Prost its much harder...Prost was not a dirty driver, he rarely got involved in incidents.
At Suzuka he has a simple choice, turn in as was his right...or not turn in and likely be unable to make the chicane until Senna has past him.
I think Prost made the right choice.
All the crap that went on with Jean-Marie Balestre afterwards was just out or order.
Mosley in later years was even worse.

The Schumacher crashes don't mirror the Suzuka one that much.
Senna and Prost stopped side by side Senor as i ve said actualy even Prost stopped a bit further.. it shows how would it end up otherwise Senna should ve been much further since he wouldnt able to stop the car.. its plain psychics.. another way to double check, almost like a second before they re at the same speed approaching the chicane.. track camera shows that..

and lets note that a year before Senna, overtook 6 cars alone in opening lap in Suzuka, from 14th to 4th place in 4 laps.. that guy knew how to overtake.. and a year before he overtook Prost at the same track and got his championship.. you can understand how desperate a year later Prost was in '89..

and Prost beaten by 1.4 seconds in the same car in Monaco quali is Senna's raw speed for me.. and shows how desperate Prost is willing stop Senna from overtaking even if it means a deliberate crash..

according to Prost, its always something else, the car, the tires, teams, mechanics, fuel, other drivers or the track.. its never Prost's fault interestingly..

and more importantly Prost's last race that Senna won.. Senna pulled Prost to the top step near him.. you can see how big hearted, greater racer Senna is.. and a sportsman.. when you compare them sorry but Prost doesnt mean that much to me side by side with Senna in the bigger picture.. cause there are a lot more examples to give actually...

anyway alright it seems like we re not going anywhere, just like i ve said at the beginning we can agree to disagree Senor cheers..