12-27-2020, 10:43 AM   #35
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
Senor problem starts with that.. Prost wasnt expected to be forced out the way.. he steered into way for a very late blocking.. i dont know how much earlier before the turn starts in meters wise but it looks quite a lot since its a heavy braking chicane.. that initiated the accident.. with that line he must jumped over the curb as well since it was only the braking phase..
for double checking what im saying.. you can see Senna's braking distance.. when they were both stationary they were side by side.. a kamikaze wont able to stop like along side with the car in front.. they have the same machinery so one of the variables is eliminated as well..
for bias part.. actually no.. back in the days when i started to know Senna and Prost, things that happened, politics, characters all those stuff made me dislike Prost.. this behaviour at Suzuka only was something and then running to his political friend at that time to DQ Senna made it even worse..
Imagine that Prost hadn't turned towards the apex how do you see it playing out?
For me...As Senna was close to the edge of the track the only way he can make the chicane is if Prost doesn't turn in at all.
It seems that its how people discern the individual intentions of the drivers that dictates who they see as more at fault.
For me it was classic Senna...pass or crash, as I've described earlier.
For Prost its much harder...Prost was not a dirty driver, he rarely got involved in incidents.
At Suzuka he has a simple choice, turn in as was his right...or not turn in and likely be unable to make the chicane until Senna has past him.
I think Prost made the right choice.
All the crap that went on with Jean-Marie Balestre afterwards was just out or order.
Mosley in later years was even worse.

The Schumacher crashes don't mirror the Suzuka one that much.
Appreciate 0