12-27-2020, 03:48 AM   #33
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
but i really wonder Senor.. do you consider the other examples i gave above.. for you they re right as well?
I guess my position was always that a driver should not be forced to steer out of the way of another one to avoid being crashed into unless they are completely alongside each other.
At the time of impact both cars are approaching the chicane at a similar speed, side by side, but crucially Prost is ahead...the onus is therefore always on Senna to brake harder since he knows it is inevitable that Prost will turn in to the apex. Senna chooses to take the chance that he will somehow come out of it ahead otherwise the DWC is lost regardless of the outcome of the next race.
I guess also if you dislike Prost then you are going to see the incident differently...same if you were not a Senna fan.
For me I think there was an element of poetic justice that Senna lost that championship due to some harsh driving tactics by Prost...something that Senna had no qualms at all about using whenever it suited him.

Trying to make comparisons with other incidents is always going to be tricky.
Schumacher got away with deliberately crashing into Hill in Australia after hitting the wall and coming slowly back onto the track waiting for Hill to get alongside. It is a comparable incident?..well not at all except that it decided the championship.
Similar Villeneuve Schumacher...Villeneuve was already past when MS decided to make that double turn of the steering wheel into JV...not really a comparable incident either....although there was that same poetic justice that MS ended up in the gravel and lost the championship.
A closer incident would be Leclerc on Perez when they recently collided but no one is saying that it was Perez's fault?
Appreciate 0