View Single Post
      07-15-2020, 12:31 PM   #11
tominizer
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Roadster

Here's where I'm at right now. I'm going to remove the two upper bolts on the back of the diff and the one bolt of the front passenger side. Then disconnect the main drive shaft from the diff in hopes of being able to move the diff backwards enough.

A few things to note here. A socket and wrench do not fit to get those rear upper diff bolts out as there is a subframe support wall just behind the diff and makes the gap too narrow (see yellow arrows). F360C's notes above are 100% correct. I got the first one out using an 11mm ratcheting wrench. Second guy on the drivers side is not cooperating and I don't want to strip the head off. So off to the tool store to look for options.

Anyways, hopefully heading in the right direction here. What a stupid pain in the arse.

And on a funny/sad note, wish I had the $5K CAN to do the 4.10 diff while I'm in here. Such a tease. Sucks to be poor.

BTW, not sure why there's a red-ish tint to my pictures. I live in Canada and not the red sands. Also you'll note that the underside of my ride is NOT pristine. She's a driver, not a princess !!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0