The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriuSen View Post
Any thoughts?
Since you asked...

I wouldn't be comfortable doing this, but if you know someone comfortable with cutting up CFRP, you can trim the spoiler from where I've taped up prepping for paint, and fit it on the hatch's edge instead of on top of the hatch. That way it doesn't interfere with the mounting base of your active spoiler.

It would offer absolutely zero performance improvement, but look way damn cool. Problem is, the cut will have to be precise to follow the shape of the edge of the hatch (which, judging from mounting, the curvature on the bottom lip of the spoiler is dead-on) and someone will have to be comfortable reworking the CFRP because the cut would expose naked carbon fiber.

Plus I don't know if the spoiler is solid inside or hollow.

And you would have to destroy a completed, nice piece of CF art.

I wonder if Mr Zed4Mr is willing to help out by providing the 3D file for the spoiler mold, and if you can get a hold of 3D software and a printer to print a plastic version and then cut it to fit.

Would be a project for the ages.
Attached Images

Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0