12-29-2010, 10:34 AM   #27
F360C
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 S54

Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r View Post
If you had it to do again, would you use a different camber plate than the one supplied with the GCs.

IIRC there was a write up on these, but haven't been able to dig it up yet.
Its hard to say really. Although I dislike the way the GC plates adjusts there are some features I do like about them. First let me tell you why I dislike the way the GC plate adjusts.

In order to put in more camber you must pull out caster inorder to reach one of the bolts. Then you set the camber and then put the caster back in. With other plates, even alot of GC's, you can just put more camber in without having to touch the caster. This would for sure be easier but doing it the way these plates are set up just really involves one extra step. If I could have everything else the same and have it adjust the way most camber plates adjust then that would be ideal. I set mine once and have not touched them at all through out the year so the adjustmetn process is not a huge deal to me because I don't have to use it often. Maybe once or twice a year. Now there two features that I like about the GC plates which would make me keep choosing them even though the adjustment procedure is not the easiest.
The two things I like about the plates are the bearing design and the fact that you can choose between three different types of plates.

There is a nice write up on the GC web site about the bearing design they use in these plates. I am not going to re-write it all but suffice to say I think it is better then the other options out on the market. This is totally personal opinion though. Now the other reason why I like the GC plates.

GC lets you choose between three types of plates. Street, Hybird, and Race. One thing I have forgot to mention is that I am pretty sure that the street plate adjusts just like any other plate on the market because it lacks the caster adjustment. My one big reason for liking the GC plates was the hybird plate. It lacks pretty much all the rubber of the street plate but has alittle bit just to make sure there is no noise. Another member on here, GP20, and I had an extensive convo before he bought his GC kit about weather the hybird would make noise. He was worried it would but he installed his and was happy to report that it is pretty much silent. It is nice to have the better performance of less rubber in the suspension but also have something that is quiet.

I am not going to say the GC plates is better then the TCK plate because they are both solid products but the reasons above would make me choose the GC plate again if I did it over.

07 Z4 M Coupe AW/IR
Appreciate 0