View Single Post
      04-14-2012, 01:09 PM   #24
Nate2046
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 e92M

Quote:
Originally Posted by epbrown View Post
The case of the Mustang, like the Camaro, MG, Jaguar E-type, and Porsche 911, is different. While tons of each car were made, they're icons of their time periods, part of their generation's zeitgeist. Demand outstrips supply because no matter how many were made, still more people want one.

The Z4 hasn't had remotely the same cultural impact. Saying it has the same chance of appreciating is like saying the Laura San Giancomo's role in "Pretty Woman" was as important as Julia Roberts'.
Its not different at all. Icons of their time period? They're just cool, interesting cars, they look good, make the right sounds, and people want the experience. No different than any car of this era that fits those criteria, its just a matter of time. I go to the Mecum Spring Classic auction in Indy every year and believe me theres plenty of iron thats considered collectible that isn't all that special. I'd love to get a late 60's to early 70's Chevy C10 but they're getting pretty spendy for nice ones. I don't think that pickup is Julia Roberts but it is cool and thats why I want it.
Appreciate 0