View Single Post
      02-09-2020, 12:53 PM   #6
belcom
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 540i, '06 Z4si, '07 Z4MC

The point is that the feature is on the car from factory and its not working. I want to make sure my car is operating at 100%. Its not about narrow streets or anything else. All my other daily drivers and ones I had previously owned have folding mirrors and I never fold them. In fact I setup my G30 not to fold automatically as I don't see a point.

I've taken the switch assembly apart and as expected per my suspicion I had found traces of some sticky liquid on the PCB inside the switch assembly. I had rubbed the board with 99% isopropyl alcohol to remove it and put it back together. Well I am happy to report that the up arrow started to work to move the mirror glass but the mirrors still don't fold

I was looking at the fuse box and removed a few to check what I thought might be related to the motors that fold the mirrors in but have not found anything yet. On the little paper supplied there is no separate fuse I can see for the mirrors.

I suppose there must be a module that operates them. not sure. however if the module was out the I'd see codes popping up. I scan the car and no faults show up.
Appreciate 0