GPower
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4M Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanne View Post
As per the use, nothing really ever goes to plan..

another fuckup.

Bought a new racing clutch kit as as midway through the last session, there was slippage in 5th and 6th.

New JB Lightweight racing flywheel along with Clutch and PX plates. frikkin great when they send you the wrong pressure plate. my fly wheel part number is 520-180-240 and parts with 883082001243, not the Z3m version of 883082999792.. normally I wouldent give a shit, but my car is in pieces at the shop, and its not like the things come from your local auto-pro, I have to get these parts all the way from LA. (Thanks Alex ) My fault though, should have checked the part numbers when it arrived here.

on the upside, new RE X-pipe inbound.

The solution atm is to bolt together the LW flywheel, New racing clutch plate and the stock pressure plate, lining them up together it looks like they are made for each other. JB 520-180-240
does recommend stock pressure plate, but can also be used with the 883082001243 which is the E46 M3 pressure plate. (just some notes for others, as Turners doesn't have a clue and still waiting for a response from them)
Vanne,

the RE X pipe sometimes has the right tip/end shorter than the left - by about 1/2". You might want to address that while you're waiting on other parts. Also it might rub on the black plate underneath. I smashed mine with a hammer and made indents in order to fit. Some says you can twist the X pipe a bit to fit. I couldn't figure it out.

Just trying to help with the things that frustrated me when I was working on my car.

Apart from that car looks great. And please feedback on the clutch flywheel combo.

Cheers
Appreciate 1
Vanne1620.50