Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: S2000, MacanS, M4CS

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekmoe View Post

Sorry my opinion is different than yours. Like I said, I've been riding for close to 12 years on the street now and I've seen a lot. I've ridden with a lot of different people as well. There are those who are responsible and those who are not. Whether its a moped or a turbo Hayabusa, you can still kill yourself pretty easily with a little bit of stupidity and irresponsibility.

Do you go to the track often? If so, then yes, a 600 probably is more fun. But for city riding, there's nothing better than a big stump-pulling-torque of a motor that can get you from stoplight to stoplight in a thrilling fashion (all while still being responsible of course). A 600 (ZX6R, R6, GSXR600, etc etc) is utter crap for this type of riding. An SV650 on the other hand is great.

Maybe you don't have the responsibility that others have and a 600 is better for you. Nothing wrong with that. But I'm sticking to my guns and telling nmulax that he should not be scared of a bigger bike just because it has more power. He may need that power in a critical situation - it's happened to me more than once. BUT if he knows he has little to no self-control, then a motorcycle is probably not the wisest choice for him in the first place.
a part I agree, a part i don't.

you will kill yourself real fast on a bike (no matter what size 600cc or 1000cc) if you do stupid things.

but I do not agree with your statement "A 600 (ZX6R, R6, GSXR600, etc etc) is utter crap for this type of riding. An SV650 on the other hand is great." only thing 650 is better than those 600s is the upright position comfort.

2018 ///M2 LCI, Metallic Orange, 6MT, Exec Pkg, Apple.. Sold

Instagram: Tommys911
Appreciate 0