02-14-2014, 01:37 AM   #1200
tikamak
Captain
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M Roadster TiAG/black

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd2003 View Post
It only flows better than stock at 80psi if it's getting enough power . Centrifugal pumps take a ton of juice apparently a stock system only provides 1/4-1/2 at best . The recommended Aeromotive wiring harness is a 30amp switch !!! Running them under power can make them fail early as well , which is why I was ok until recently . If ESS , AA, and VF say the regular pump is ok then I'm going back to it . Remember I was chasing the wrong pulley situation when I replaced mine . ( should have just changed my filter ) my two cents . Between my flywheel / clutch "upgrade " and this my new moto is if it ain't broke don't fix it lol . The problem of only improving one point of a stock system is the rest doesn't work together well . If you put in a lower bar fuel pressure gauge to make an aftermarket pump happy then you have to adjust the tune . It's a slippery slope .
My two cents
George
For an >1200whp S38 turbo car that my mechanic built in his days, he had a stock fuel pump feeding a fuel catch system and 2 external Bosch 044 feeding the fuel rail. (just a remark, not an argument)

I think we're good with the stock fuel pump. Thanks a lot for your constant feedback, i just cancelled my order of aeromotive fuel pump just because of this thread and your feedback.
Appreciate 0