06-22-2019, 01:49 AM   #17
eggman51
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by schobyb View Post
Rollbar and harness installed, the owner said it still allows the top to go fully up and down.
Wow... do you by any chance have any contact details for the owner or shop that did the work? Would be much appreciated - that is an ideal set up for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_wright View Post
The DS2500 compound falls between Hawk HP Plus and Street/Race, neither of which is really adequate for the Z4M on the track. I had to move to the Hawk DTC60s (front and rear) on my 3.0si to get satisfactory brake performance. If you want to stay with Ferodo pads, find a compound that matches up with the Hawk DTC60 heat range. You might find Raybestos in same heat range also.
Gotcha - was thinking to keep the DS2500s as my street pad just in case I run out of pads while at the track. Will switch over to a track pad. Don't care about brands, but the DS2500 seems fairly unique in that it is a trackable street pad. Will probably try DS1.11 Ferodos as the track pad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_wright View Post
The CG lock will go a long way to addressing your issue with being stable in the seat. I've used it for years for autocross and track and it makes a huge difference. Cinch it down till it almost squeezes out a little bit of pee-pee and you'll feel fine once you get out on the track.
I ordered one to try it out, but having been cinched up in dedicated race cars, I have a feeling I will lean toward the full harness / seat set up.

If I can track down some info on the rollbar that allows use of the soft top and the price is reasonable I'd be quite happy =)

Cheers!
Eamonn
Appreciate 0