06-20-2019, 02:33 AM   #8
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggman51 View Post
I sent Vanne a note - thanks for the heads up. Concerned about safety of that mount point, but that does seem OK.

Noted re: Hans, thanks.

I didn't use the Hawk HPS 5 on the track based on advice here and from others. I went with Ferodo DS2500 pads front and rear. I ate through a set of fronts in 2 days and a set of rears in 4 days. I think the rears were mostly burned out by DSC, so I will switch that off - by end of day 1 I should have switched it off, I was just being (too) conservative.

I put in Castrol SRF fluid. I bled the brakes a couple of times at the track. The mechanic at the shop says the brakes were not bedded in properly and, as a result, this was causing the electronic braking system (??) to modulate the braking pressure. At least I think this is what he said, it kinda sounded odd to me, but he's a very experienced mechanic and has been spot on with other things, so - if that sounds weird - this is likely my lack of understanding of his explanation.

In my view the brakes on the Z4M are the most inadequate aspect of the car. I plan to change out the front brake system, probably to an AP Racing PRO 5000 R based kit. Engine great, handling great, transmission ok, brakes are for a road car imo.

The ones I currently care about do allow it. Perhaps in the future a roll bar is required, but that starts to seem silly on a daily driver roadster given that, as I understand it, you give up the convertible.

I made another lil video of me and my daughter out for a rip - slower lap times on purpose, but lots of fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn3UeSqd5Gs

Cheers!
Eamonn

Just curious which clubs allow harnesses with bucket seats and no roll bar in a vert? If they have a regional chapter near me I’ll have to take a look as that’s the only reason that’s prevented me from going that route.