United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.25]
2015 BMW X5  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_NSX View Post
so it looks like I finally found the right buyer for my 718 6MT and accepted an offer just waiting for title transfer from AZ to CA to complete the deal... (btw, that is whole other story and has been aggravating af and has held up the deal) anyways, now I'm once again starting to obsess over one of my old obsessions.. the Gen 1 Audi R8 and hopefully will be replacing the 718 for an R8 if I'm lucky but....for the price of a decent mile R8 V8 gated manual, there are some other choices that have peaked my interest and would offer a bit more peace of mind(warranty)

New C8 are nice and performance is crazy good bang for the buck, but def not as rare and special as an R8 and doesn't have a manual

Don't really need an insane HP 0-60 car as my M3P scratches that itch, just looking for a fun weekend car that will not lose much money on in the next 5 years or so....the R8 is the one car that might cost the most to maintain, but most likely be the one that appreciates in value in the next decade.
I realize this will be unpopular choice among the forum purist crowd, but if it were me I think I'd get a new C8. I have contemplated both choices (used R8 and new C8) and came to the conclusion "if" one could get (find) a base C8 - for at or near sticker price - it would be one helluva' bargain bang for the buck. Moreover, a used R8 is a little dated IMO from the perspective of technology. Don't get me wrong though, because I recognize the R8 (especially the later V10 variant) is also one helluva' capable car in almost any arena. However, the C8 lets you "laugh all the way to the bank", and if one were to purchase a new, base C8 at a decent price, the factory warranty provides some peace of mind. A low mileage, used C8, could also be considered IMO.
'08 E92 M3 DCT Melbourne Red/Bamboo Beige Leather/EDC/SSP Spec-R DCT clutch discs/SSP Pro-Gold DCT Fluid/Quaife LSD/3:45 Final Drive by Diffs Online/BE Bearings & ARP Bolts/Vibra Technics Engine Mounts/M3 World HFC X-Pipe/LUX H8 180/BPM Sport DCT Tune/PFC Z-Rated Pads/ECS Brass Brake Caliper Bushings/Alex Shop Solid Sub-frame Bushings/Motul 600/Tint

Last edited by DrFerry; 02-05-2024 at 09:41 AM..
Appreciate 0