Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Reminds me of the US EP-3 and Chinese J-8 incident over Hainan.
I wish we could get an Iowa class battleship to drop anchor off the reef, with it proudly displaying the US flag with a "Come and take it" flag underneath.
First, please read this as a post of agreement. I think we're actually on the same page here.

Can you imagine the reaction the anti-Trump people would express if he commanded this type of direct provocation? President Trump would be called a dangerous warmonger that is looking to enter into a war with China to deflect attention from [enter reason here].

I believe we're doing the right thing in regards to protecting freedom of navigation and challenging China's claim of nearly all of the South China Sea. We are not acknowledging China's claims on the South China Sea, and we're continuing on sending war ships through the contested area. We've been practicing bombing runs for over a year now.

Let China be the provocateur. Meanwhile we take economic steps (tariffs, sanctions) to weaken their economy; while we continue to build ours up. Strengthen traditional, cyber, and space warfare capabilities. China wouldn't dare challenge the US militarily right now... We just have to keep it that way.