View Single Post
      01-16-2010, 05:36 PM   #17
pal
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

I did not want to give up on using the stock secondary cat section so I brought it to my trusty muffler shop (Mufflex) this morning and about 2 hours later the post cat O2 sensors were in 90° bungs and plugged into the extended harness connectors under the car. I cleared the codes using Rev on my iPhone and about 3 restarts and 10-12 miles later, there are still no codes and no CEL/MIL light - fingers crossed so it stays this way. In a week or two of driving we will know for sure.

Apologies for the not so good iPhone pictures ... totally forgot to take my camera along.

Window cut into the heat shield - care needs to be taken to not damage the attaching ring and the flat section that glues the top and bottom part of the heat shield.

A view inside ... its hollow and there is no packing in between the cat and the shield. I was worried for nothing earlier. And there is tons of space once the window is cut out.

Holes cut out ...

Denny, the owner at Mufflex at work. He is great and has helped me out with such stuff over the years.

Cut shield bent a bit to clear the O2 sensor body. The 90° O2 bungs in place.

Appreciate 0