fullerra
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 Z4M Coupe

Garage List
test test  [0.00]
2008 BMW Z4MC  [0.00]
Okay,

Having shelled out a lot of scratch for this airbox, I was quite pleased at the craftsmanship, and the updates I got along the way. The install was not difficult (so I understand, as box was installed at same time as cams). The cams, airbox, tune was good for 334 SAE WHP, but with track duty in her future, not being able to heel-toe would mean almost certain disaster. I posted about this problem along with several other people quite a few months back. At the same time I spoke to the guys at Evolve who ensured me a solution was close by. Nevertheless, here we are in mid August, no solution provided. Fortunately, I heard along the pipe line about another possibility, and contacted Randy at Epic Motorsports in Fla. I reluctantly coughed up another wad of cash (because in my opinion an incomplete tune is almost as good as no tune at all) I was sent the cable, emailed the stock tune to Randy, and had the modified alpha tune sent back in a couple days. Rain is on the way here in Boston, so I haven't had an opportunity to field test yet, but the heel-toe issue is GONE. Idle is smooth (or as smooth as it can be with longer duration cams). A comparison dyno will be performed as soon as I get a couple days off and will be posted.

I do apologize I wasn't able to post the last dyno-jet graph as the shop never e-mailed me the file.
Appreciate 0