View Single Post
      12-04-2023, 01:29 AM   #9
pcube
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4MC, G20 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmm-five View Post
Same set-up I use when I swapped out the OE stuff at 100k miles. It was cheaper to upgrade to aftermarket than buy the compromised OE stuff, and I wanted something 60:40 road-biased (these or KWv3), than more track-biased (e.g. Bilstein Clubsport/Evo or KW Clubsport/Comp).

I decided not to lower the car too much as I have to negotiate a lot of speed humps and the car would already touch some of these at OE height, and my e34 M5 (on Bilsteins as well had already lost one sump due to them).

I have mine at 4-5 in the summer, and 1-2 in the winter (if I remember).

For Nurburgring it's 8 if it's dry and 4 if it's wet. For smooth UK circuits I just crank them all the way up in the dry and only take it down to about 6 if it's damp.

But it's purely personal preference.
Just curious, how discernible are the settings? Does each click result in a significant change in characteristics? Noticed you only have 2 clicks difference between summer and winter settings.

I had a set of HKS coils on a previous car that was set up for the track, and honestly I could barely tell the difference so just ended up leaving it at the maximum stiffness.
Appreciate 0