12-06-2021, 11:54 AM   #811
Hulk Smash
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
Driver ratings

Max drives as if he were still in a karts. Some good, some not so good. His authentic aggressive is plainly visible and he pays the price.

Hammy tends to maneuver pre and post race which is becoming more transparent than he may hope for and may explain his significant popularity drop.

Rear ending incident really provides insight to his character not racecraft.
Hammy could have easily said I wasn’t going to pass I’m before the DRS zone. Fair point and doesn’t necessarily run foul of the rules.

Rather, Hammy told us that he didn't know that Verstappen had to give him back the place that he had won, but why would crazy Max drop significant speed?

Hammy either freaked out and don’t know what to do, thereby lacking all racecraft which is unlikely or he would have known something about the arranged place swap. And if so, he would have lied saying he didn’t know.

That’s the part that shows strength of character and that makes him look less than ideal. Tell the truth, it’s freeing and not prohibited by the rules.

Dude can race, sprinkle some more honesty and he may get the adoration he desperately wants.
I think HAM was confused as to why Max slowed and he didn't trust Max not to try to hit him during the overtake. But regardless of anything HAM knew or didn't know, Max decided to swerve and slam on the brakes himself. Max is responsible for his actions and should've received a more harsh penalty for it. At least despite all of Max's dirty moves during the race... it was all for nothing as Lewis won anyway. Their gamble to put Max on mediums just so he could get off the line better did not pay off.
Appreciate 3
minn1914066.00
irunalot1518.00
F87source7310.50