04-28-2020, 12:51 PM   #10
F360C
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 S54

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAL2GK View Post
This is helpful information. I’m slowly moving my Z4M coupe to more of a dedicated track car and just bought a Trailex enclosed so can bring it and spares. Would your recommendations still apply if you weren’t worried about street use? The plan is a spare set of track-only dry tires and to keep the current set for street use and rainy weather at DEs.
I agree with Azeka1 on this one... I dont see a HUGE difference in grip between the current crop of 200tw tires compared to the R888R but they the 200tw tires do last A LOT longer. Therefore my drive to the track and back tire is one of these. So far I have run the RE71R, Direzza's and the BFG Rival.

If I wasn't worried about street use just go straight to a full slick tire (Hoosier, yokohama, etc). I have had great luck with the Continental slicks that they run in Grand-Am. From what I am told they are Hooiser R6's with a different side wall and slightly different compound. Careful though because once you go legit race tire and experience the grip its hard to go back...

07 Z4 M Coupe AW/IR
Appreciate 1
TAL2GK144.50