11-21-2021, 01:44 PM   #11
ANILE8
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupé - Carbon Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
I'm going to just leave the shifter alone.....

RTD shifter seems like a good option, BUT with the engine movement, and this mounted solidly to the chassis, i would not be surprised if this causes wear within the gearbox linkages and or possibly buckling the floor where it mounts under the extremes. Even with the solid mounts, their WILL be movement, with the solid mounting to the floor this movement has to be somewhere surely? or more importantly where is the little movement that will happen being transferred to and is that even an issue??

looks like i'm stuck with a weighted knob setup, which isnt bad at all, i just wanted that extra crisp feel!
Mate, take a deep breath. Believe me, for something that has been battle-tested on our platform by so many members already on here; you are WAY overthinking everything.

Anyone who has one will tell you that solid mounted shifters are the bomb, do yourself a favour. Your thank me later.

I did a thread about mine when I installed it nearly 3 years ago now HERE

Only running the OEM engine and trans mounts and never had a problem shifting.
Nitron NTR R3 | StopTech Trophy Sport STR-60 380x32mm / StopTech Trophy Sport STR-40 355x32mm | Bridgestone RE-71RS | ADV.1 | CDV Delete | TMS Rear Camber Arms | RE Diablo's | 4.10 Gears | Euro Headers | RTD REVO1 Short Shifter
Appreciate 1
pyshin110.50