08-29-2017, 02:04 PM   #123
mattfwalters
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4MC (Sepang/Sepang/insane)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre99gsx View Post
It's a great fat power curve, but corner exits are my struggle. I only have 10% throttle, maybe 30%, and then 100%. I have a very narrow window to ease on the power without the turbo wanting to spool, thus, I have to wait until I'm absolutely straight before going over 30% throttle.

The fix? Get traction control working on my AEM. Will be testing this out next month at NJMP.

compare to the VF570 Supercharger on these S54s:

As long as the chassis/drivetrain can continue to hold this power, I think it will be a testament to the hardware's capability (remember: stock z4m tranny, stock driveshaft, stock rear diff (no LSD), and z4m-swapped rear axles). I haven't seen anyone run this much power on this drivetrain, perhaps I'm the first.

I'll keep pushing it until it breaks, but honestly, I could turn the boost down and still enjoy this thing Not going above this level for the foreseeable future.
The best handling mods I made to my car - lots less power, but - were going to square wheel setup, 700lb-in rear coils, and deleting the rear sway. If you're running a bar in the rear, try disconnecting it before your next track session. If your springs are stiff enough, you'll find that the car doesn't need the extra spring rate from the swaybar, and you'll have a bunch more grip coming out of corners because the bar won't be trying to lift the inside rear wheel. Deleting the bar seems counterintuitive but it made a huge difference (like 4s per lap on a two minute track) for me. I still have DSC because of the stock ECU, of course - if you can get the AEM to modulate torque (presumably through boost reduction) when slip is detected, that with the rear suspension changes should help a lot.
Appreciate 0