View Single Post
      01-20-2014, 03:39 PM   #101
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorifto88 View Post
Also if you do have time, since i know you are always busy, what is your opinion on rotor size? What i mean to ask is, the PF front kit comes in one of two sizes, 323 and i believe 355, but i could be a tad off... Do you think a z4m coupe could greatly benefit from a 355 vs a 323 rotor?
The 323mm kit would be a down-size in rotor and change the bias significantly. The 355mm would be larger than the 345mm from OE. Depending on your wheel availability and needs, it could be the difference from having to shell out an additional $2,000 to get wheels and tires that fit (and that's a gross understatement), or having to run 10-12mm spacers to allow for either barrel clearance or spoke clearance.

However, if you've got a set of wheels that are BBK friendly already (say, BBS CH or BBS CH-R, or Apex ARC-8 or EC-7), the 355mm kit would probably be a very nice fit and compliment to the chassis. It's the same deal, if you've already made the wheel/tire investment that makes it easier to shop for BBKs, then it's really just about getting what you would prefer personally.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0