The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3.2mc View Post
like so?

if this works, i'm buying you a beer!
Yes. The concern with the RB kit on OE rotor is that when fully extended on a set of worn rotors, the caliper pistons MAY move past the seal since the OE rotors are 2mm thinner than the RB rotors. So if you have a couple of backing plates taking up that 2mm margin, then it will be within the margins.

For any manufacturer, there's too much liability to recommend or say a product fits if you need to add or modify something like a shim to make it work 100%. I think that's why they put in that language about it not working with OEM rotors.

Those titanium shims also give you an added bonus of shielding heat from transferring to the piston and thus the fluids in the calipers, although I was told the stainless steel caliper pistons already do a much better job at insulating the fluid than OE calipers or aluminum pistons.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0