View Single Post
      01-06-2014, 11:55 AM   #91
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3.2mc View Post
for those out there considering the rears as an upgrade to OE... the RB rear caliper kit *will not* work with the OE rotors. they are designed only for the RB rear rotors which are 2mm thicker. ask me how annoyed i am about them telling me they would work before they were available, and me purchasing/installing the fronts already. it may have been a miscommunication... ? idk.

the build quality is fantastic though! A+ to RB for that.
They will work if you can slip a couple of ~1mm thick titanium or aluminum backing plates behind the pads. It wouldn't be difficult to source the titanium backing plates because the pad shape is the same as the rear pads on Mitsu EVOs with Brembo calipers.

They don't recommend using the kit because they can't be sure that everyone will follow the recommendation, and straight out of the box, technically, they don't work. Plus, ideally they'd like to sell you their rear rotor as well for a true performance upgrade.

But I have confirmed. It is possible with backing plates.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0