01-17-2012, 03:40 PM   #56
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Schnitzer View Post
Since the M platform cars are getting all the aftermarket love...I began to feel left on a stump.

I bought a set of twin turbo's off a 2008 335i . Mainly to see about space constraints and fitment for tube routing. Since my Miller welder was stolen during my late nights of packing...I'll have to source out some fab initially to get the ball rolling. I already have the other bits to support the hardware eg; Tial wastegate and Blow-off valves....aluminum and stainless tubing and t-bolt clamps etc. Even a nicely sized bar & plate Inter-cooler.

If I can't find a tuner to handle the factory DME.....I'll have to do an external boost and fuel management.

Either way....once a low boost configuration gets worked out.....I'll fab my stainless manifolds and go with nicer turbos or maybe a ball bearing single.

Surely I'll have located a S.I. N52 salvage engine to put forged internals in on the bench to go bigger boost.
Damn, someone stole your welder? Grrr!

Given your past experience, I'd expect you can get the N2 to work. I've always wondered why BMW didn't use it as the base for the 335 instead of the N54, which is an older design. Cast iron block? Better able to handle boost? Just a curiosity. Then again ESS did come out with an S/C kit for the N52, so FI isn't unknown to this engine.
Appreciate 0