View Single Post
      02-15-2018, 08:59 PM   #40
Michael9218
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

Track day

This last weekend I took the car back to Roebling Road for another tuning weekend. Rain was in the forecast, so I decided to put in a little softer rear spring. 800 instead of 850. The 850 rate was in anticipation of having a large rear wing.

Saturday morning sessions were in the wet, so I got the opportunity to test out the low compression damper settings on the 3 way MCS dampers. First session out was a wet but drying track, so I went out with slicks and softened the settings. Car handled well. The dampers helped the tires find grip. Next session was raining so I put on full tread Toyo RA1 tires and softened the dampers more. The RA1’s were disappointing! Very slippery. Not sure what to do about this, as these aren’t going to make good rain tires.

The afternoon finally brought a dry track and I got in two good sessions at speed. Making adjustments between sessions. The car is very predictable and neutral in it’s handling. Not at all twitchy or exhibiting snap oversteer. It's a blast to drive! I was looking forward to making more adjustments and turning up the heat on Sunday, but the event got canceled due to an unfortunate incident late Saturday. So, next time…

Here is a sort video of a couple laps turning 1:22/1:21 laps. Still lots of potential in the car. These laps are at pace, but a bit leisurely. Still not pushing the car.

https://photos.smugmug.com/BMW-Z4-Tr....10.18-640.mp4
Appreciate 0