View Single Post
      01-18-2016, 04:33 PM   #1
Shorts
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E86 M coupe, E91 325xi

Z4M brake fade at track

Hey guys, I experienced some brake fade at the track last summer and I recall coming across a thread (either here or on another forum) where someone mentioned that a couple of the safety systems (hill assist and brake drying) on the car affected braking performance on the track. I can no longer find the thread through extensive google searching. Is anyone familiar with this? Or am I imagining reading this???

As some background info, I had very new OEM front rotors with some time driven with OEM pads. I switched to HP plus pads for track and followed proper bed in procedures. Rear rotors are also OEM, although with more wear and again, using OEM-spec pads on the street with HP plus swapped in for track use. Brake fluid is ATE typ 200 flushed within a couple weeks of the track day.

Since swapping the OEM-spec pads back on for road duty, I now notice blue-ish deposit on the front rotors - and from what I have read this could be due to using two different brands of rotors - I am wondering this could have lead to the fade?

Any insight is greatly appreciated!
Appreciate 0