pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
That's great on your experience with Home Depot. What I'm finding recently is many of the stores which are still open and have an online presence, is inexcusable inventory management. When you say you have X item in stock at a specific store and even list the number of items you have on hand, it's a travesty to be so far off in your inventory management that none of the items are actually in stock. I've run into this with Walmart and Target.
Ran into this with Target. I needed a headset for conference calls, and of the 3 models that would have worked nicely all were listed by their website as "in stock" at the store near me. When I got to the store 30 minutes after the website visit, not a one of them was in stock. In the case of 2 of the 3, there wasn't even a stocking location or tag for them anywhere. I even had the very helpful staffer check the storeroom. That's some piss-poor inventory management. Real-time tracking isn't a realistic expectation, but it should be obvious that they have to do better than "not even fucking close." For that big of an error there would have to be really slow (or nonexistent) updates, or lots of errors, or both. Since every item is tracked everywhere it goes by a variety of automated means, there's no reason - other than ineptitude or apathy - for such inaccuracy. Very frustrating.
zx10guy5149.50