SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
yes.... they are a vinyl overlay kit.....

http://www.bimmian.co.uk/M-Colored-G...r-E91-3-Series

i think these look GREAT on darker cars... its a nice touch imo!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r View Post
I was able to match M badge colours to some vinyl at a local trim shop
I did this on my car, although I have the stripes on the middle three slats so the stripes are centered in the grille opening on the left side which I think looks the best. I also have flat black grilles and the car is Interlagos Blue.

I initially found some vinyl tape from an archery source online (apparently archers like to wrap their shafts with different color tape ). Unfortunately, the Z4's slats are more like vanes or fan blades. They're angled, aren't flat nor do they have a consistent width from top to bottom. I used several horizontal strips of tape but the seams were pretty obvious at anything closer than about 20 feet. But I liked the effect.

Not liking how the vinyl tape looked, I bought the the Bimmian kit. It consists of five thin strips of each of the three colors. They're really designed for the E36/E46/E9x grilles where the slats are straight, thin, flat, and have a consistent width. Because of the shape of the Z4 slats you have to kind of center the thin strip and follow the contour of the slat. You can't use multiple strips because again the seam would be obvious. The thin stripes are subtle yet still stand out.

A fellow club member has a white E46 M3 with M color graphics on his car and he gets his vinyl from a local print shop. He gave me three 6"x6" pieces, one of each color in case I want to completely wrap the slats. To do this you need a piece about 2" wide and a little less than 6" high.

I'm liking the way the Bimmian strips look for now.

Appreciate 0