View Single Post
      12-21-2011, 01:56 PM   #195
ruscoupe
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 z4 3.0si Coupe

Garage List
Imola is a beautiful color, no debate there. Love it. Had an '05 ZHP (330) in Imola, and had to order the car because we couldn't find any dealers that had one. But I have one word of warning, maybe more useful to newer owners of an Imola car..... be careful about admiring it too closely in the garage under really bright light if you're the type that's really anal about micro scratches. That was one reason I finally used to justify it was time to let my 330 ZHP go. I started losing too much sleep imagining that little microscopic scratches were developing on their own whilst I slept. I finally convinced myself that Imola shows those little scratches as bad as black.

So when I sold the ZHP what did I buy? A black Z4 3.0si Coupe! lol Yea, IMHO black's the most beautiful natural color out there when it's clean. Which for me is about 5 mins.

(and before you ask, I didn't go with an ///M for a reason. The quads were tempting, they always are, but been there done that a few times now and this time I was able to walk away content with a dual exhaust. Plus, I won't be in line behind you at the dealer when that $1500 (?) valve adjustment job comes due!) :-)
Appreciate 0