View Single Post
      07-24-2018, 06:00 PM   #65
Terraphantm
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTK View Post
In my opinion if you really want to be running this intake 'optimally' as you say, you'd be better off figuring out how to run the box with correct CSL map sensor rather than the bodge we currently have of using alpha-n, a very flawed approach unfortunately. Certainly more important than worrying about increasing the size of the intake hole by an inch or so. Just my 2c.
As I'm not sure if that's possible I have concentrated on what I know to be important for getting alpha-n to work well which is to have a good supply of cold air and making sure the IAT probe reports this air temperature accurately (i.e. not suffering from any heatsoak to give false readings for the table).
I look forward to seeing your headlight/carbon tube mod and the results you see from it...
While I don't think it's impossible to hack the MSS70 to run a MAP sensor, I don't think it's really necessary. MSS70 should be able to do alpha-n much more reliably than the MSS54 in the M3 if tuned properly. A big factor in that is the fact that the Z4M uses wideband O2 sensors unlike the M3.
Appreciate 0