06-03-2018, 04:53 AM   #45
MOTK
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanne View Post
Flow dynamics? Nfi,
I guess nfi means you have no fucking idea. That's a shame, for I had assumed you must because otherwise making these sorts of statements about intake flow analysis would be pretty much worthless.
Quote:
those snorkels going down and connecting up to your OEM Z4M intake hole, youll be getting about 1/8th of the air that this intake can handle and pretty much useless in that regard.
Quote:
and yeah oem Z4 air hole at that rpm that will provide enough flow at this stage
Quote:
youll be strangling the intake
Given the above and the idea that imo BMW would have applied at least some math to the design of their intake (for instance it sits in a low pressure area of the front end) which would be needed to supply an S54 with enough air, and that we know this intake is also able to supply more than enough air to a supercharged s54 which will need more than any NA version I think I'll drop out of this conversation here

Best of luck with your project, I hope it works out well for you.
MC IB, CSL intake, Schrick 288/280 cams, SS race bbox, RPI, AP f&r w/RSL-29, Apex ARC-8, A048, KW CS, Turner arms & RTAB limiters, VT engine mounts, Rogue pulleys & RSMs, Tillett B6s, custom half cage, UUC ssk, M5 knob, oem strutbrace
Appreciate 0